Saturday, May 7, 2011

Lake and Sky

One of my favorite family photos is one that was taken about 10 years ago on a beautiful summer day in Sun River, Oregon.  My then 4-year old son Cole, stands next to his favorite "Aunt Suki" as they proudly display their art creations to the photographer (mom).  They had drawn pictures of the small lake and background mountain that was the view from our condo.  My sister's picture is lovely, and captured the scene with precision of an artists eye.  It was endearing to see my little son's scribbled picture of lake and trees, and an airplane, - naturally - (though there was none in the sky at the time of his rendering).  What I love most about this memory is the sweet simplicity that was felt on that summer morning long ago -- and the complete happiness in my little boy's face at that moment.

No comments: